Thursday, August 7, 2008

Presto Pasta Night!










As per usual, I'm running rather behind, but I have actually made the deadline this time for Presto Pasta Night #75! This food blogging event is being hosted by Michelle of Greedy Gourmet, which can be found, along with instructions, at this link.


I was throwing together a quick meal tonight, as my mom was at a meeting, and while I was in a pasta salad mood, the Picky One wanted cream sauce. I insisted that summer was no time for heavy cream sauces, but she was in a mood, so we found a nice, lighter cream sauce with hints of lemon. I think the sauce could have used a bit more flavor, perhaps some fresh parsley or basil, but it turned out okay. I served the pasta with grilled chicken ,tossed for about 20 minutes with a garlic-lemon marinade, and some fresh red lettuce, tomatoes (from my garden!) and the last bits of a bagged salad. The marinade is from Cooking Light magazine, grabbed from a recipe that called for chicken thighs and a side of roasted tomatoes. The cream sauce was the Lemon Pasta Sauce from allrecipes.com.

2 comments:

Michelle Minnaar said...

Hi Laura, I think it's great that you help your mother out with the cooking. It's a fun, isn't it? I hope when my son is a bit older he'll assist me in the kitchen too!

Ruth Daniels said...

There is nothing quite as wonderful as generations in the kitchen. I fondly remember helping my mom out when I was yound and loved it when the girls participated as they grew up. Now sunday afternoons cooking with my older daughter is a favorite time of the week.

Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.