Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Because my mom finished off the last of the cake...






I made chocolate chip cookies! Whenever we run out of baked goods, I start doing crazy things like eating out of the sugar bowl or buying Sour-Patch Kids at Rite-Aid, so I decided the cookies were absolutely necessary. I was going to find/modify/dream up a recipe with lots of strawberries to celebrate another of my favorite summer foods, but last night I wanted something sweet and easy, and there was a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips waiting for me...


This recipe is also from allrecipes.com (I love that website. Epicurious.com is nice and all, but when I don't have the energy or the inclination for fancy food, allrecipes.com is perfect). While I've never gotten my cookies to turn out as thick and puffy as the recipe claims, they have turned out perfectly chewy and soft (without raw centers) every time. However, as many, many, many of the comments for this recipe stated, you must refrigerate the dough before baking it, otherwise the cookies will spread, flatten and make a gigantic cookie sheet! This time I stuck the cookie dough in the freezer for about 45 minutes, as well as the cookie sheet (separately) before baking them, and they turned out nicely. Next time I think I might divide the dough, place it on the cookie sheet (as if about to bake) and then stick it into the freezer together, just because the dough was harder to scoop once refrigerated.






I can't find my recipe right now, but I'll change the post later and add it, if anyone cares...

No comments: